It all started in 1940 with a little idea sparked from the soul of some local thresherman over supper. The Nelson boys fired up the old Garr-Scott engine to thresh with steam again for old time sake with family & friends. The event continued once a year until 1954 when Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion met formally for the first time and invited the public. Today the show has grown to include hundreds of demonstrations and exhibits spread over 210 beautiful acres. The show attracts thousands of spectators and volunteers every Labor Day weekend.
- WMSTR is a nonprofit organization and NO compensation is paid to its members. All receipts are used for the development of the organization.
- NO SELLING or soliciting of any kind is allowed on the showgrounds.
- “Special Event Membership” is available to individual persons who come and exhibit at a special feature. Cost is $20.00 for a single years show and includes admission. Camping not included. Download the form here.
- Exhibitors are invited to participate by bringing relevant exhibits. Non-operating/static displays are discouraged unless pre-approved by the board of directors or Expo contact.
- A “Life Time Membership” is available to persons who wish to be continuous exhibitors or workers at the show or participate in preparation for the annual show. Cost is $50.00. Does NOT include yearly admission. A Membership form may be downloaded or can be attained by contacting the WMSTR secretary at:
P.O. Box 9337
Fargo, ND 58106